National Museum of Anthropology and History
A true architectural work from 1964 located in the heart of Chapultepec Park. It holds one of the most amazing projects of the city, the great central fountain. A work of the architect Pedro Ramirez Vazquez which has 23 rooms and more than 35,000 square meters of open air areas.
This building was built between 1778 and 1788 during viceroyalty times in Mexico. It has had many uses, but the most popular one is for having been the home of Emperor Maximilian I. It is the only royal castle in all the American continent.
Palacio de Hierro
This building was built by the famous architect Sordo Madaleno in 1997. At the beginning it used to be a shopping center of several businesses, but at the end of 2015 it was remodeled to result in the flawless Palacio de los Palacios, one of the most exclusive boutiques in the world.
This is the first architectural work in Latin America by the famous architect David Chipperfield, and it was inaugurated in 2013. Featuring temporary exhibitions of contemporary art, Jumex Museum is considered an experimental lab of art innovation.
This building holds Carlos Slim´s private art collection and it was built by Fernando Rimero. Its innovating design is inspired in Rodin´s sculptures and the façade is covered with more than 16,000 hexagonal aluminum plates.
Located just in front of the hotel zone of Polanco, this building is one of the most important in the performance industry of the city. Originally built by Fernando Parra, Oscar de Buen and Guillermo Salazar Polanco; but the emblematic façade that distinguishes it today is due to its remodeling made in 1988, after the devastating earthquake of ´85, by Teodoro Gonzalez de Leon and Abraham Zabludovsky.
The Modern Museum of Art
Another work of the architect Pedro Ramirez Vazquez in collaboration with Rafael Mijares. This building took almost 10 years to build, and uses emblematic elements of architecture of the 60´s, such as crystal, white marble, aluminum, and fiberglass. Its incredible gardens were designed by Matsumoto.